The time has come, the Walrus, said, to link to many things. I’m sorry for the delay in publishing since the last one, but it was inevitable due to helping oritent the new CIRs and attending various JET related meetings. However, it means that this week we have a ‘bumper’ issue of sorts, with more links than I usually post.
Shimane Orientation will soon begin initial stages of planning, so you should be thinking about whether or not you would like to apply as an SOA!
As always, please let us know if you have any suggestions. All articles and opinions are presented as-is and do not necessarily reflect the personal opinions of the PAs, Shimane Prefecture, or the JET Programme.
- Obama Meets Emperor, Begins Talks With Abe
- School Eliminates Boy With Down Syndrome From School Photo
- So, The Dalai Lama Walks Into A Convenience Store In Rural Japan
- Justin Bieber Posts Picture Of Visit To Controversial Yasukuni Shrine
- Nishikori Returns From Injury With Win
- Judge Sets New Line For Adultery In Landmark Case
- 100,000 Apply For First Public Tours of Parts of Imperial Palace
- Why Japanese & English Speakers Argue So Differently
- The Ultimate Guide To Pooping In Japan
- On Being Bullied In Japan
- The Secret Language of Japanese Hotel Staff
- 10 Japanese Expressions That Sound Strange When Literally Translated
- 8 Japanese Words We’d Love To Import Into English
- Adolescent Suicide In Japan: The Fatal Effects of Ijime [PDF]
- Bullying – The Problem In Japan That Won’t Go Away
- What Do Japanese People Think Of When They Hear The World ‘Otaku’?
- In A World of Pretense, Are Japanese People More Honest About Lying?
- Adopting A Japanese Child: One U.S. Couple’s Story
- Resuscitating Japan-China Relations
- Inside Japan’s Forgotten Amusement Parks
- Classic Japanese Art: ‘Picture Scroll of a Fart Battle’ Is Exactly What It Sounds Like [NSFW]
- Man Walks Around Tokyo Backwards, Posts Video In Reverse [Video]
- Hello Kitty Contact Lenses
- Cultural Appropriation Is Last Resort For Lazy Popstar [Avril Lavigne/Hell Kitty music video]
- New Ace Attorney Game Will Take Place In Meiji Era Japan
- The Rice Cube: Tasty Looking Appetizers Made Fun & Easy
- Who Loves Revolving Suishi? Families, Couples, & Solo Diners
- Starbucks Japan Bringing ‘Crunchy Cookie Frappuccino’ For The Summer
- What Am I Eating? 5 Onigiri Translated
My Top Three Words of The Last Week:
- 反省 [はんせい・hansei]: Reflection, especially on one’s own misdeeds
- 割引 [わりびき・waribiki]: Discount (on price)
- 背広 [せびろ・sebiro]: (Business) Suit
Hope everyone has a splendid week!