Welcome to another week of links. Last week, I and a few other Shimane JETs were in Yokohama for the 2014 Returning JET’s Conference where we learned about the scary place known sometimes as ‘the real world’. This week, many of the links seem to focus on education and anime. I haven’t been thinking about these things consciously, but perhaps my subconscious is telling me something? Who knows.
Please let us know if you have any suggestions. All articles and opinions are presented as-is and do not necessarily reflect the personal opinions of the PAs or the JET Programme.
- Plans Announced For Mega Tourist Complex In Tokyo
- Copies Of The Diary of Anne Frank Vandalized At Tokyo Libraries
- Women Found Dead In Car Had Voiced Concern To Police About Boyfriend’s Abuse
- 2020 Olympic Chairman Blasts Figure Skater Mao Asada
- Universal Studios Japan Operator Looking To Open More Theme Parks
- What You Need To Know Before Arguing With Japanese People
- Japanese Men Take Paternity Leave In Record Numbers
- Things Japanese Girlfriends Say That Kill Thoughts of Marriage
- 10 Japanese Tips For Visiting America
- The Pitfalls of Addressing Foreigners In The Workplace
- Is Japan Over-working Its Educators?
- Education Reform Plans Don’t Make The Grade
- Debate On Who’s To Blame For Poor Performance At Japanese Schools
- Keep Calm When Speak Japanese
- How Not To Be A Geek Bully
- I’m A Black Female Cosplayer & Some People Hate It
- The 5 Anime Of Winter 2014 You Should Be Watching
- Video Games Need More Women – And Asking For That Won’t End The World
- How To Fake Your Way Through A Conversation About Anime
Food & Drink
- Starbucks To Promote 800 Temporary Workers To Full Time
- Limited Edition Kiki’s Delivery Service Baked Goods
My Top 3 Japanese words of the last week were:
更新する[こうしんする・koushin・suru]: To update
五輪[ごりん・gorin]: The Olympics
And that’s it for a week. Now enjoy this crying bear from the Sochi Closing Ceremony.