Another week, another set of links. Two of the three opinion exchanges have been held and have gone quite well. We look forward to the final one on Friday in Matsue. Due to the meetings, and an event yesterday, the articles page is coming today. I apologize if anyone was extra bored at work this Monday due to the delay.
Please let us know if you have any suggestions. All articles and opinions are presented as-is and do not necessarily reflect the personal opinions of the PAs or the JET Programme.
- ANA To Alter TV After Complaints About ‘White Face’ Stereotyping
- Japan To Step Up Education On Territorial Claims
- Man Arrested Over Tainted Frozen Food
- Japan & Australia Nearing FTA Deal
- The ‘doya-gao’ Phenomenon & Where You’re Most Likely To See It
- Thank You. Don’t Touch My Mustache.
- Katakana Words Japanese People Don’t Realise Aren’t English
- 5 Types of Employees You’ll Unfortunately Find At Every Job
- Bill Gates: Teachers Need Real Feedback [TED Talks]
- Guided Tour Of Cat Cafes In Japan [Video]
- Lost In Translation is Lost With Or Without Translation
- The American Otaku Expiration Date
- The New & Dying Japanimerican Film Industry
- Ichiro Nagai Dies At 82
- 47 Ronin Review
- Where In The World To Find The Best Test Scores & Happiest Kids
- Is Japan’s Aging Population A Good Thing?
- Does Japan Really Need Drinking Parties?
- Don’t Let ANA Off the Hook For Offensive Ad
- Why Japanese Bartenders Are The Best In The World
- 12 Utterly Bizarre Ice-Cream Flavors
- What’s The Secret Behind Coco Ichi’s Rule of the Curry Kingdom?
My Top 3 Japanese words of the last week were:
愚痴 [ぐち・guchi]: A complaint or whinge about a 3rd party.
領有権問題[りょうゆうけんもんだい・ryouyuuken-mondai]: Territorial dispute
A rather random group of words maybe, but it was an interesting week.
Finally, here is an octopus showing that they’re just as smart as people.