This week, is the third last week of the year and many JETs will soon be making their way home, or to warmer (or colder, I suppose) climates, for a much deserved and well earned holiday. The PAs wish everyone a very safe journey there, and back again. Don’t forget your passports.
Please let us know if you have any suggestions. All articles and opinions are presented as-is and do not necessarily reflect the personal opinions of the PAs or the JET Programme.
- New Born Boy Left In Front of Orphanage With Money And ‘Onegaishimasu’ Letter
- Kennedy Says Nagasaki Visit ‘Deeply Moving’
- Bullying In Japanese Schools Nearly Triples In 2012
- Woman & Six Teenagers Arrested In Kobe For Sexual Abuse On A Minor
- Japan Aims To Double Farm Exports By 2020
- Japanese Diplomat Stabbed In Yemen In Failed Kidnapping
- 1/4 of Japanese Junior High School Girls Don’t Exercise
- LDP To Address Growing ‘Revenge Porn’ Problem
- 2013’s Official Kanji Has Been Chosen!
- Creation & Evolution Of Kanji
- Kanji That Look Like Their Meanings
- 8 Little Things You Can Do To Improve Your Japanese
- Txting Is Killing Language. JK!! [TED Talk]
- 5 Reasons English Makes No Freaking Sense
- Dealing With ‘Reverse Culture Shock’
- 16 Popular Manga Series Getting Movie Adaptations Next Year
- 13 Surprising Japanese Titles Of Western Movies (And Some More Here)
- Otaku Gets Under The Skin [Otaku Tattoos]
- Robot Lego Pokemon Are Now A Thing
- Many Japanese University Freshman Don’t Know Basic Astronomy Facts
- This Is Why I’ll Never Be An Adult
- The War On Katakana Starts At School
- UNESCO-Certified Japanese Cuisine Losing Popularity At Home
- Some Literal Meanings of Prefecture’s Names
- Parents Trying To Raise Bilingual Children: Stop Trying To Confuse Your Kids! [Parody]
- Cancer Patient Make-Overs “If Only For A Second”
- How Did Ancient Greek Music Sound?
- 19 Pieces Of Advice From Amy Poehler In 2013
My Top 3 Japanese words of the last week were:
三日坊主[みっかぼうず・Mikka-bouzu]: To give up easily [lit. ‘3 day priest’]
女権[じょけん・joken]: Women’s Rights
児童虐待[じどうぎゃくたい・jidou-gyakutai]: Child abuse
Finally, here is a monkey stealing food. Look for the baby holding the watermelon!