Celebrating another week of boring, crazy, fun, and hopefully at least a little bit informative links to things from the old bookmark folder. It’s now December and this year has gone by faster than I thought it could.
- Expressway Operators To Scale Down Discounts
- Graffiti Scratched Into Wall At Iconic Horyuji Temple
- Book Seeks To Educate About Ugly Slave Trade Legacy
- Japan Shrinks Size of 2020 Olympics Stadium
- Government To End Production Quotas on Rice
- Minister Says Japan Can’t Make Further Concessions To U.S. in TPP Talks
- Hokuto City Has An “Interesting” New Mascot
- The Top 3 Japanese Memes of 2013
- Japanese Sayings In English (Part 2, Part 3)
- Do Different Languages Confer Different Personalities?
- Why Japanese Web Design Is So Different
- Yuina, Yuma Most Popular Names for Girls/Boys in 2013
- 7 Things That Surprise Japanese People Working In Foreign Offices
- Non-Japanese Person To Star In NHK Morning Drama
- Angela Aki To Put Music Career On Indefinite Hold
- 9 Unusual Products From Designer Oki Sato
- Do Japanese People Always Draw White People In Anime?
- Islanders Must Think Bigger To Thrive, Not Just Survive
- A Shift In Rice Production Policy
- Switched At Birth: Son Born To Rich Parents Sues Hospital After Life of Poverty
- How Many of These 168 Japanese Foods Have You Eaten? (I got 108)
- Tokyo Starbucks Starts Selling Beer & Wine
- Cheetos Cream Stew Corns Puffs On Sale In Japan
- Where Children Sleep [Photo Series]
- Mom Colors & Shades Children’s Drawings
- All 50 US States Recreated With Lego
My Top 3 Japanese words of the last week were:
カビ[かび・kabi]: Mold (Kanji is 黴)
感謝祭 [かんしゃさい・kanshasai]: Thanksgiving
七面鳥 [しちめんちょう・shichimenchou]: Turkey
Because it was American Thanksgiving and that’s all I heard about. Mold is unrelated.
Finally, if you’re having a bad day here’s a puppy. Hopefully it makes you feel better.