Another week, another set of links. Once again, if you have any feedback (or links to share) please e-mail us. The CIR Conference in Tokyo ended safely and there was much joy as it signals the last major project/event for the rest of the year for many people (mainly me). This week, the PA team will begin planning the ALT Opinion Exchange Meetings, which will be held in January. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the events. We will share details ASAP.
- Kennedy in Japan Tsunami Zone, Highlights U.S. Ties
- Drunk Man Steals Taxi and Crashes Into 2 Parked Police Cars
- Cop Busted For Filming Up Skirt of Student on Escalator
- Scientist Says He Can End Japan’s Energy Crisis With Algae-Based Fuel
- Blood of HIV-Infected Man Used In Transfusions
- Using Japanese Sign Language To Improve Your Spoken Japanese
- How To Avoid The Two Biggest Mistakes That Almost All Language Learners Seem To Make
- 5 Reasons You’re Not Improving As Fast As You Want
- Impress House-Guests With Toilet Paper Origami
- 12 Beautiful Shinto Shrines That Will Knock Your Socks Off
- Top 50 Japanese Buzzwords 2013
- XXXL Hamburger Game [English Subtitles]
- ‘I Just Can’t Wait To Be King’ from Disney’s The Lion King [Japanese]
- Lets Talk About Japanese Cram School
- Problematic Education Proposal [University Entrance Exams]
- 2013 Tokyo Motor Show Report
My Top 3 Japanese words of the last week were:
公民館 [こうみんかん・kouminkan]: Community Center
黄熱病 [おうねつびょう・Ounetsubyou]: Yellow Fever
A rather random group of words maybe, but it was an interesting week.
Finally, if you’re having a bad day here’s a puppy. Hopefully it makes you feel better.