Yes, today is Thursday. Yes, I’m posting this anyway. Let’s be flexible! It is, after all, a 4-day work week, for most of us.
In other news, I have finally finished the Japanese translation of the Opinion Exchange Report. We should have both the English and Japanese versions sent out sometime in the next week. Thank you very much to all those who attended and provided us with your valuable opinions. While we cannot speak for the supervisors, and contracting organizations, it has affected and motivated us, as PAs.
As always, please let us know if you have any suggestions. All articles and opinions are presented as-is and do not necessarily reflect the personal opinions of the PAs, Shimane Prefecture, or the JET Programme.
- City In Aichi To Ban Kids Using Cellphones After 9PM
- Rakuten Slammed Over Ivory & Whale Meat Products
- Boy Severely Injured After Jumping From 4th Floor of School Building
- Princess Akiko Finishes Elementary School
- Police Arrest Man Who Was On Baby Sitter Site Over Boy’s Death
- Police Arrest Man For Vandalizing Anne Frank Books
- What To Do When You’re Placed In A Bad School
- Why The Japanese Education System Does Not Excel As Much As You Might Think
- 12 Tips For Learning Foreign Languages
- Dealing With Loneliness Abroad
- Tips For Motivating ESL Learners
- Boy’s Death Highlight Need For Baby-Sitting Regulations, Experts Say
- No Fun, No Good; You Must Enjoy Learning Japanese
- Unauthorized Text Book Use At Schools In Taketomi Should Not Be Overlooked
- Why Are You Still Trying To Learn From Your Mistakes?
- An Interview With A Man Who Has Taught English For 30 Years In Japan
- Sony Announces Virtual Reality Headset for PS4 “Project Morpheus”
- 7 Japan Moments In South Park
- Watch “Let It Go” From Disney’s ‘Frozen’ In Japanese [Video]
- New ‘Sailor Moon’ Anime Will Take Cues From Original Manga
- The History of Robot Anime [PDF]
Food & Drink
- This Video Of A Japanese Breakfast Doesn’t Show One
- Tomato Flavored Popsicle With Tomato Gelatin Coming Soon
- Japan’s Most Popular Fast Food Chains Ranked
無職男が関与か 被害書店侵入容疑で逮捕 認める供述 [Unemployed Man Arrested Over Diary of Anne Frank Vandalism In Tokyo]
- 「なぜゲンだけなのか」 回収協力の校長「悔やんでる」 [Hadashi-no-Gen Being Taken Off Shelves At ES & JHS in Osakan City]
- 彼女の食べ方が・・・ [My Girlfriend's Eating Habits...]
- Why 30 Is Not The New 20 [TED Talk]
- Pixar Announces The Incredibles 2 & Cars 3
- Peanuts CG Movie Teaser Trailer [Video]
Finally, my personal top 3 Japanese words of the last week were:
送別会[そうべつかい・soubetsukai]: Farewell Party
男児[だんじ・danji]: Male Child
Wishing you all a very relaxing week!